- Animal Care
- Medical Center
- How You Can Help
- News & Events
- About Us
- January 05, 2012 Can Dogs Read Minds? Not Exactly.
It's not quite mind-reading, but dogs do monitor our eye movements and voice tone to predict our intent.
- January 03, 2012 Dog found in Maryland Reunited with Family after 4 Years
Microchip helps dog find the family he lost four years ago.
- September 20, 2011 Dog Owners Report That Economy Does Not Affect Their Dog Care Spending
Dog care expenses may take a bite out of many consumers' wallets, but even in challenging financial times, Fido comes out on top, according to a new survey.
- September 08, 2011 Are you ready?
Should a disaster strike, are you prepared to care for your animals?
- August 18, 2011 Can dogs do math?
Montana Labrador retriever reputedly able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- July 06, 2011 Maryland to allow dogs in restaurants
On Firday, July 8, Maryland's blanket prohibition against dogs in restautrants will come to an end.
- June 24, 2011 Going hiking with your dog?
Does your canine companion join you for hikes?
- June 01, 2011 Know the signs of heat stroke in dogs
Dogs are even more susceptible to heat stroke than people. Do you know the signs?
- May 20, 2011 Celebrated Arson Dog Dies After Long Career
A local canine hero has died.
- May 20, 2011 This is Dog Bite Prevention Week
Do you know how to protect yourself and your dog from attacks? The CDC can help.
- April 22, 2011 Go Green for Pets
This Earth Day, go green for pets!
- April 19, 2011 Forget the gym! Get a dog!
A new report finds that most dog walkers meet federal criteria for exercise.
- March 29, 2011 Starved dog thrown down trash chute in Newark
Just one day before St. Patrick’s Day, a dog that should not technically be alive was discovered in the trash in Newark, New Jersey.
- March 16, 2011 No Rabbits This Easter!
The House Rabbit Society urges people NOT to buy live rabbits as Easter gifts!
- March 14, 2011 The Creature Connection
The New York Times, March 14, 2011
- March 01, 2011 Science of cat ladies? Felines bond with females, study shows
MSNBC, February 24, 2011
- January 19, 2011 Dog Might Provide Clues on How Language Is Acquired
The New York Times, January 17, 2011
- January 06, 2011 ‘Unlikely Pairs’: Photos of animals and their unlikely best friends!
From the Ellen Degeneres web site http://photos.ellen.warnerbros.com/galleries/unlikely_pairs#110381
- November 12, 2010 Marine Bends Rules to Save Dog Found in Iraq
A Veterans Day special news story on how a dog changed a veteran's life
- September 21, 2010 How OK Go Went to the Dogs in Their New Video
Click to watch their newest video, featuring many 4-legged friends!
- August 26, 2010 Manager’s Best Friend: Dogs Improve Office Productivity
An article in the Economist about how having dogs in the office increases productivity and employee morale.
- July 26, 2010 Are You a Dog Person? A Cat Person?
A blog from Self magazine encouraging people to adopt pets that will enrich and fulfill their lives.
- July 16, 2010 Short-Muzzled Dogs At Risk
Short-muzzled dogs have a harder time breathing (leading to more deaths) than other breeds
- July 15, 2010 Rescued From Squalor
A house full of dogs saved by The HSUS and partnering organizations provides a glimpse into the delusional world of animal hoarders
- June 21, 2010 Hot Weather Tips
This summer, use these tips on how to keep your pet cool during the hot months ahead. From ASPCA.
- May 17, 2010 Dog’s Tricks Teach Owner A Few Life Lessons
An article in the Washington Post about the life lessons dogs can teach their owners.
- May 06, 2010 ASPCA Assists Rescue Efforts After Southeast Floods
An article from the ASPCA about animal rescue efforts in the Southeast after the floods that swept the area.
- April 03, 2010 Puppy Watches Over Children With Autism
An article from CNN about how a German Shepherd was trained to assist two children with autism.
- March 10, 2010 War Dogs Remembered, Decades Later
An article and slideshow from CNN about war dogs and the incredible ways they've helped people in the military
- March 10, 2010 Blood Bank Helps Four-Legged Friends
A great article from CNN about how a blood bank helps dogs in need. It highlights the steps veterinarians and people are making towards medicine for pets and helping animals.